Pitchers and catchers have arrived for the Kansas City Royals in Surprise, Arizona. The idea of a year celebrating the fact that the Royals are the World Champions means that men and women in Kansas City can no longer drink things by the pint or glass. Instead, we have to drink like champions ourselves.
Since you can’t pour champagne on yourself and friends in a bar, we’ll opt for the next best thing. And we’ll provide you with five pitchers to catch (see what we did there?) in Kansas City.
5. Cucumber mint water at Rozzelle Court Restaurant inside The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (4525 Oak Street). It’s important to hydrate and this water is delicious. Just ask Jimmy McGill/Saul Goodman.
4. Monday night PBR pitchers at the Westport Flea Market (817 Westport Road). Before PBR was trendy, it was simply cheap. Harken back to those days with $4 pitchers on Monday nights (9 p.m. to midnight) at The Flea. This might also be your next stop after #3 and before an Uber ride home.
3. All American Mondays at The Foundry (424 Westport Road, behind McCoy’s). It’s $8 pitchers of McCoy’s brews, along with $8 pizzas and burgers (McGonigle’s and Farm to Market supply the meat and bun, respectively) on Mondays. Pitchers are $8 on Sunday too.
2. Pitcher of Mimosas at Coal Vines (616 Ward Parkway). It’s Sunday brunch, so you can do things like order a pitcher of Mimosas ($12). If you order a second round you may find yourself ordering the Captain Crunch French Toast.
1. Happy Quatro Hour at Teocali (2512 Holmes). You can get a pitcher of margaritas or red/white sangria for $15 between 2 and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, as well as 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday. They’ve got a nice little patio, the servers are friendly and the queso dip packs a good bit of heat.
Where’s your favorite pitcher in Kansas City?